Neumann TLM 107 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone - Matte Black
The Neumann TLM 107 multipattern condenser microphone is the workhorse mic your collection is missing. Equally at home in pro and project studios alike, the TLM 107 gives you the ultra-clear and delightfully smooth Neumann sound plus the multipattern flexibility you need to tackle any recording situation. Because of its remarkably flat frequency response, the TLM 107 lets you capture any sound source with stunning accuracy. A switchable highpass filter lets you cut out lows at two frequencies, and a pair of pad settings allow the Neumann TLM 107 to handle a wide volume range.
Neumann TLM 107 Multipattern Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Flat frequency response delivers true-to-life sound
- Five polar patterns for recording in any setup you can imagine
- Simple navigation switch provides access to all essential settings
Flat frequency response delivers true-to-life sound
Neumann knows that the key to capturing sound accurately lies in a frequency response that won't unnecessarily color your sound. That's why they developed a special capsule for the TLM 107 based on their D-01 model, which provides you with an impressively flat frequency response all the way up to 8kHz. A slight presence boost thereafter brings out vocal clarity, without either inviting sibilance or brittleness. At the same time, the TLM 107's large diaphragm smooths over some sonic roughness and adds the silky smoothness Neumann mics are famous for.
Five polar patterns for recording in any setup you can imagine
There are as numerous mic techniques as there are microphone applications, and your Neumann TLM 107 will be ready for any of them. Far from the classic condenser microphones Neumann is known for, the TLM 107 is throughly geared for modern studio work, in which you might need a cardioid pattern to isolate a vocalist one moment and an omni room mic for ambience the next. In all, the TLM 107 gives you five patterns including omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure 8, plus the steps in between. And best of all, it sounds totally consistent from setting to setting, allowing you to get the polar pattern you need, without compromising on sound.
Simple navigation switch provides access to all essential settings
Who really enjoys fumbling with inset toggles and buttons you have to push with a bent paper clip? Neumann makes accessing all of the TLM 107's settings easy, thanks to the brilliantly simple central navigation switch. Using just a single control, you can select from the TLM 107's three highpass and three pad settings, or switch between all five of its polar patterns. LED indicators provide visual feedback for your settings, and all of the controls are on the back of the microphone to avoid distracting your talent.
Neumann TLM 107 Multipattern Condenser Microphone Features:
- A true all-purpose condenser microphone built to for professional recording
- Advanced sound transducer inspired by one of Neumann's D-01 delivers outstanding impulse fidelity
- Smooth frequency response up to 8kHz ensures accuracy, while a slight presence boost brings out clarity and vocal intelligibility
- Five selectable polar patterns include omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure 8, as well as the two intermediary settings
- Three selectable highpass settings and three selectable pad settings let you handle a wide range of recording scenarios
- Innovative navigation switch with LED indicators lets you control all microphone settings easily
- Acoustically engineered grille blocks out pops
- Static microphone mount and wooden presentation box included
- Requires +48V phantom power
Capture clear and accurate sound in any setting with a Neumann TLM 107 condenser microphone!