Neumann lets you step into the world of high-end microphones at a moderate price with the TLM 193! This large diaphragm, double membrane cardioid condenser microphone is designed for critical recording, broadcast and live sound applications. You’ll find dozens of uses for the TLM 193 – it can give you more bang for the buck than most low-priced imitations!
Neumann TLM 193 Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Incredibly versatile, with dozens of studio and live sound applications
- Legendary U89i capsule and transformerless design provide sterling sound and low self-noise
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response capture the most delicate nuances
- Neumann quality plus durability for a real value
An incredibly versatile microphone!
Sometimes with Neumann mics we tend to jump right into the specs – they always tell the story of Neumann’s legendary sound and quality. But with the TLM 193, let’s take a look at the versatility and value this mic delivers. It excels at many applications including overhead and close-miking drums, capturing the nuances of acoustic performances, and recording critical vocals in the Neumann tradition. But this just hints at the TLM 193’s potential applications!
TLM 193 Applications:
- A “universal” cardioid mic
- Ideal for close miking of instruments with high sound pressure levels
- Announcer’s mic for broadcasting/dubbing
- Home recording and project studios
- Vocalist recording
- Spot mic for wind instruments, strings, percussion or guitar amps
These are just some of the most common applications. Your own experimentation will undoubtedly lead you to maximum use from this microphone.
The heart and soul of a true Neumann mic
The capsule of the TLM 193 is the same legendary large diaphragm capsule used in the U 89i/TLM 170 family. This unit is mated to the proven FET 100 circuitry of the KM 100 series. These state-of-the-art components deliver ultra-low self noise (10dB-A), high sound-pressure capability (140dB before overload), dynamic range (130dB), wide frequency response (20Hz – 20kHz) and the quality, durability, longevity, and glorious sound which makes the TLM 193 a true Neumann microphone.
The TLM 193 uses a transformerless circuit which is responsible for its extremely low self noise and large dynamic range. The polar response is very linear over a wide incidence angle. Even off-axis signals are reproduced
faithfully and without coloration. The exposed surface of the microphone capsule is at ground potential, making it immune to typical interference and contamination.
Stands up to studio and live performance demands
The TLM 193 shatters the notion of a “fragile” condenser mic. All exposed surfaces of the microphone capsule, including the diaphragms, are at ground
potential. This technology makes them highly immune to electrical and atmospheric interference and contamination by microscopic dust particles.
The TLM 193’s capsule is elastically mounted to avoid any jolts and structure
borne noise that could interfere with its operation.
A must-have mic value
The TLM 193 is the perfect microphone for both budget-conscious project studios and larger facilities who want Neumann performance without paying for the additional features of our flagship models. The TLM 193 package includes the microphone, a swivel-mount stand adapter, and a foam-lined wooden jeweler’s case. You’ll seldom find this combination of quality and value!
Neumann TLM 193 Condenser Microphone Features:
- Front address cardioid condenser mic with great off-axis response
- Frequency range 20Hz – 20kHz
- Extremely low self noise: 10dB (A-weighted)
- Signal/Noise ratio 84dB (DIN/IEC 651)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% 140dB
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier DIN/IEC 651 130dB
- Rated impedance 50 ohms, rated load impedance 1000 ohms
- Maximum output voltage 13 dBu
- Includes swivel mount
- High-quality professional equipment for mid-size budgets
- Requires +44V to +52V phantom power
The Neumann TLM 193 Condenser Microphone: “Plug and play” for high quality reproduction!