Neumann’s TLM 102 Studio Set combines one of the company’s best-selling mics — the TLM 102 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone — with a sturdy shockmount, affording you both convenience and quality. Inside the TLM 102 sits a large-diaphragm, cardioid capsule developed specifically for Neumann’s next generation of microphones and intended for a broad range of applications. Everything from vocals to acoustic instruments sounds fantastic when miked with the TLM 102, with low-noise circuitry that captures the nuances of your source without excess coloring. The included shockmount works exceptionally well with the TLM 102, protecting the mic from unwanted contact and preventing vibrations from ruining a take. Take it from Sweetwater’s many producers: the TLM 102 Studio Set is the perfect way to add a stellar mic and top-notch shockmount to your locker.
A great way to naturally sweeten vocals
Up to 6kHz the frequency response of the TLM 102 extremely linear. But just after 6kHz, Neumann built in a slight boost to bolster the presence of the voice. This characteristic adds a quality often called “sweetness” to vocals that makes them jump out in the mix. The extra smoothness tends to enhance vocals by smoothing out a highly audible frequency range and adds some extra dimension to spoken recordings. The small stature of the TLM 102 is also a major asset in applications where maintaining a clear line of sight between the vocalist and the control room or band is a priority.
Tiny condenser with massive versatility
The TLM 102 has an extremely flexible field of application and is affordable enough to find a place in professional and project studios alike, as well as in broadcast and live sound. Its largely linear frequency response extends across the audible spectrum from 20Hz to 20kHz. Since it doesn’t take up as much space as a typical large-diaphragm condenser, it is easy to position the TLM 102 in front of guitar cabinets or use it as a drum mic. And there’s no need to worry about high SPLs — the TLM 102 can easily handle up to 144dB, so loud sound sources are not off limits.
TLM technology means low noise and high clarity
The letters TLM stand for “transformerless microphone.” With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit. TLM technology ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference that may influence the balanced audio signal. The capsule’s built-in elastic suspension mechanism and pop screen in the TLM 102 also further diminish the noise of handling and use.
Neumann TLM 102 Studio Set Features:
- Neumann’s best-selling TLM 102 condenser mic and a high-performing shockmount in one set
- TLM 102 naturally sweetens vocals and acoustic instruments
- Transformerless microphone technology ensures good common mode rejection while preventing RF interference
- Included shockmount prevents unwanted vibrations from ruining a great take
Sweetwater’s FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty
Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
- Save money with FREE parts and labor
- Get back to making music with the industry’s fastest turnaround time
- Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Frequency Range:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:144dB
- Output Impedance:50 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:82dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:12dB (A weighted)
- Dimensions:4.56″ x 2.04″
- Weight:0.46 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Shockmount
- Manufacturer Part Number:008657