The ATH-M20x has long served as a wallet-friendly entry point into the world of monitoring headphones, but if you’re looking to ditch the cable, Audio-Technica now offers the same great headphones with Bluetooth capability: The ATH-M20xBT! These ‘phones feature 40mm neodymium magnet drivers that deliver the accurate frequency response and solid bass you need to make sound decisions when you’re recording or mixing. The closed-back design of the ATH-M20xBT gives you superior isolation with minimal bleed — out or in.What’s more, the ATH-M20xBT’s battery boasts a long 60-hour uptime off of a full charge, but if you need power fast, the 10-minute rapid charge gives you 3 hours of use — and you can always use the included cable for an old-school wired connection.
Ideal for streaming setups
The ATH-M20xBT boasts several features that make it a great addition to any streaming or gaming setup, including a low-latency mode that’s purpose-built to reduce lag between the sound you hear and the video on your monitor. Plus, built-in buttons on the side of the left earcup allow you to control audio playback, calls, and even microphone functionality directly from your headphones. If you’re in for a particularly long session, the ATH-M20xBT also comes with a cable so you never have to stop and wait for a charge!
Circumaural vs. supra-aural headphones
In layman’s terms, these words simply mean “over ear” (circumaural) and “on ear” (supra-aural). In the case of headphones, this refers to the design of the earcup, which is the cushion that sits between the headphone’s speakers (drivers) and your ear. Supra-aural headphones are rarely used for professional applications; although, they’re great for casual listening — especially if you need to be aware of what’s going on around you. On the other hand, over-ear headphones such as the ATH-M20xBT offer excellent attenuation of external noise.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20xBT Wireless Headphone Monitors Features:
- Same great sound as the ATH-M20x, but with a wireless design
- 40mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils for an exceptional low-end response
- Low-latency mode for lag-free functionality with gaming and streaming setups
- Multipoint pairing offers simultaneous connection with up to two Bluetooth devices at once
- 10-minute rapid charge delivers 3 hours of uptime, while the full 3-hour charge delivers up to 60 hours of continuous use
- Built-in buttons that make controlling calls, playback, and mic functions a breeze
- Closed-back design bolsters sound isolation and reduces audio bleed into your mic
- Cable included for optional wired connection