What are you recording today? A choir? A rock band? Voiceovers or Foley? When you need a mic that will accurately capture any source, you’ll be impressed by the AKG C314 condenser microphone, sibling to the legendary C414. Made in the same factory in Austria, it uses AKG’s famous XLS microphone capsule, which has been finely tuned to deliver a clear, full sound and an off-axis response that doesn’t sound unnatural. The C314 offers an outstanding dynamic range and ultra-low noise, which means you’ll be able to capture dynamic vocalists and instruments with the utmost detail. And with the C314’s multi-polar-pattern design, you can use it for vocals, as a room mic, for recording large ensembles, and more.
AKG C314 Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- AKG’s XLS mic capsule sounds great in any setting
- Overload indicator helps you make better recordings
- A great go-to mic for project studios
AKG’s XLS mic capsule sounds great in any setting
Recording engineers at Sweetwater like AKG’s XLS mic capsule because it produces great results from anything you put in front of it. We also like it because any off-axis sounds it picks up still sounds natural, unlike some mics that sound significantly different when off-axis sounds are introduced. So even if you’ve got some bleed from other sources, you’ll still get great results from the AKG C314.
Overload indicator helps you make better recordings
While the AKG C314 microphone can handle impressive SPL levels (up to 155dB with the pad engaged), it also sports a peak indicator LED that tells you when you’re overloading the mic. When you’re setting up mics and doing a sound check you won’t need to constantly reference your monitoring system to know excessive sound levels are distorting the mic.
A great go-to mic for project studios
While any recordist can appreciate the great sound and recording flexibility of the AKG C314, it really packs a lot of value for project studios that regularly record different sound sources. Even if your sessions for the week range from voiceovers, hand percussion, and choirs to string quartets, rock bands, and Foley for sound design, you’ll get exceptional results with an AKG C314.
AKG C314 Condenser Microphone Features:
- Multi-pattern condenser microphone with AKG’s acclaimed XLS mic capsule
- Cardioid, supercardioid, omni and figure-8 polar patterns give you plenty of recording options
- High dynamic range and ultra-low noise for clear, detailed recordings that capture the expressiveness of the source
- Internal capsule suspension reduces mechanical noises and resonances for more transparent recordings
- Tames loud or boomy sound sources with switchable 20dB pad and low-cut filter
- Includes metal case, shockmount, stand adapter, and windscreen
- Requires +48V phantom power
The AKG C314 could be your new go-to condenser microphone!