The Sennheiser MK 4 is Sennheiser’s first large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Sennheiser’s dynamic mics have been standard equipment in top studios for decades. With the MK 4, Sennheiser gives you a great-sounding, rugged condenser mic that stands up to daily professional studio and stage use. What’s more, they’ve priced the MK 4 affordably. Perfect on vocals and just about anything else, the MK 4 is a amazingly versatile addition to your mic locker. If you’re in the market for a large-diaphragm condenser mic, the Sennheiser MK 4 should be on your short list.
Sennheiser MK 4 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Exceptional sonic quality – Sennheiser style
- From the studio to the stage
- It’s a Sennheiser
Exceptional sonic quality – Sennheiser style
The Sennheiser MK 4 gives you everything you want from a large-diaphragm condenser mic. Sporting a 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm, Sennheiser designed the MK 4 to provide amazing sound quality at a very nice price. The MK 4 is also made in Germany, a refreshing change from what we’re used to seeing at this price point. While the MK 4 is mainly designed for professional project studio applications, it’s also a versatile mic for all recording environments and even live use.
From the studio to the stage
Sennheiser knows what it takes to make an excellent studio microphone. The MK 4 is optimized for project home studio use – but with its robust full-metal housing and internally shock-mounted capsule, the MK 4 also excels in live applications. The Sennheiser MK 4 is one large-diaphragm condenser mic you won’t want to be without on the road.
It’s a Sennheiser
When it comes to pro audio, Sennheiser knows what they’re doing. Established in 1945, this German company has been behind some of the most iconic professional mics ever made. The Sennheiser MD 421 is many engineers’ first choice for toms and electric guitar cabinets, and the company’s MKH Series shotgun mics are what top Hollywood location sound mixers place on their booms to cleanly capture dialog and production effects. Sennheiser headphones are tracking essentials in high-end studios worldwide. With Sennheiser products in your toolkit, you’re in good company.
Sennheiser MK 4 Condenser Microphone Features:
- Large-diaphragm, side-address true-condenser microphone
- Cardioid pickup pattern; 1″ 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm capsule
- Maximum sound pressure level of 140dB
- Capsule shock-mounted internally to minimise structure-borne noise
- Low inherent self-noise and high maximum SPL
- Rugged, full-metal housing – great for project studios and stage
- Designed with studios in mind
- Powerful warm sound with vivid mids, detailed bass range – perfect for vocals
- Crafted in Germany to offer premium performance, at a reasonable price
- Includes MKS4 shockmount, pouch, and manual
- Requires +48V phantom power
Sennheiser’s MK 4: a great-sounding, affordable large-diaphragm condenser mic