Performance Series Workshop |
Acting Skills for VO
Voiceover is its own craft, but it exists as part of the acting ecosystem. Acquiring and tools utilized by on-camera and theater actors can amplify a VO talent’s performance. Naturally, the more equipped your creative toolbox is…the better prepared you are to succeed. It’s important to learn how to make more interesting choices while bringing something unique to the party. Acting training can do this for a voiceover talent.
It is equally important for film and stage actors to understand the nuances and differences of voiceover…a related, yet unique craft. There are performance and technical considerations that will help them to better bridge their training and experience to VO.
Join us for a dynamic acting workshop designed for voiceover talent. Veteran actor and acting coach, Matthew Corozine, will help us break down some of the essential tools any actor (and VO pro) should utilize. We’ll be covering a number of relevant and essential topics, such as:
- A new set of tools | Essential acting skills for pro VO talent
- A new bridge for actors | Connecting your acting skills to VO
- Doing your homework | Preparation is key
- Asking questions, making choices and bringing “you” to every script
- How to not get “stuck” | Bringing it every time
- Overcoming nerves and anxiety | Putting yourself out there.
- It’s not about your voice…it’s about your story
- Let’s get physical | The importance of acting head to toe.
Come and step up your game by embracing what acting skills have to offer. It’s a great way to elevate your game, book more…and have some fun!
Ticket: $75 per person
**All attendees will also receive free admission to one of Marc Preston's weekly VO Workouts ($37 value)!