AMA means “Ask Me Anything”, and we mean just that when George welcomes Michael Pearson-Adams (known widely as MPA) into the Zoom for a 1 hour chat. Come one, come all!
MPA knows the ins and outs of every single Waves audio processing plugin, and knows his way around a world-class recording studio, as well as how to help the beginner make the best use of their tools.
GTT Training- Presonus Revelator io24,for the latest firmware as of August 2022.
I walk you through everything, from the hardware to the Universal Control software.
Fat channel, the Multi-device drivers, Stream Mixes, understanding the headphones and monitors, it’s all here. If you need to record yourself, or someone else, and do it while in a Zoom meeting, this will show you the entire process.
Practical, Personal Studios for Voice Actors with George The Tech. George cuts through the Facebook noise and lays down the keys to successful home voiceover recordings.
You’ll learn about:
- Booth design
- Mic placement
- Mic choice
- PC choice
- Audio Interfaces
- Processing Auditions
This presentation is intended for any voice actor that wants to go get a detailed overview of the features and customization of iZOTOPE RX Standard Editor and Plugins. George Whittam will cover topics specific to the needs of voice actors or anyone recording spoken word.
George will be training you on the following:
* Installing RX Editor and the plugins into your DAW
* A tour of the Editor
* A tour of the plugins
* Spectral view overview
* George’s favorite plugins for VO
* Suggested settings and how to tune them
* Understanding Chains and Batches
* 30 mins for your questions
* iZOTOPE RX8, RX9, or RX Pro Standard (Elements and older versions won’t have every feature we cover in this webinar)
* Windows 10/11
* Mac OS High Sierra or higher
* Audio interface
* Microphone (or USB mic)
* Acoustically tuned recording environment (iZotope can’t fix bad acoustics)
Investing in a voiceover booth? Wait! George the Tech reveals interesting facts about VO booths, soundproofing and much more!
* Understanding the Concept of a Booth
* The Concept of Quiet on Demand
* The Role of Acoustic Treatment
* The Role of Noise Reduction Tools
* The Impact of Microphone Choice on Noise
* Comparing Waves Clarity VX and NS1
* Setting Up Filters and Using Bertom deNoiser
* Understanding the Concept of ‘Too Quiet’
* Editing Techniques for Better Audio
* Understanding the Role of Booths in Audio Recording
* Dealing with Noise from Air Conditioning
Do you want to learn microphone techniques for optimal sound recording quality?
George the Tech discusses the importance of proper microphone placement, demonstrates various mic setups (both positive and negative), and explains how the direction of speaking into the mic affects the recording. Other topics include managing plosives (consonant sounds that can cause audio issues), differences between varying microphone types, and corrective measures for common microphone mistakes.
Watch this video now and get ready to record!