MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface
The fifth-generation MOTU UltraLite-mk5 packs 40 simultaneous channels — 18-in and 22-out — in a compact, portable USB audio interface that vaunts reference-quality ESS SABRE PRO D/A and an astonishing 2.4ms of round-trip latency. The UltraLite-mk5's dual microphone preamps offer crystal-clear audio capture, and with this much I/O at your disposal, you'll have no trouble integrating your favorite outboard hardware. This high-performance audio interface's loopback functionality makes podcasting and livestreaming a piece of cake. Likewise, thanks to excellent-sounding onboard DSP and overhauled CueMix 5 software, achieving spot-on monitor mixes is super simple. Compatible with Mac, PC, and iOS, the MOTU UltraLite-mk5 comes with Performer Lite DAW software, 100-plus virtual instruments, and 6GB of loops/samples.
Reference-quality ESS SABRE PRO D/A and super-low latency
Whether you're onstage or in the studio, top-shelf sound and rock-solid operation are crucial. The UltraLite-mk5 delivers on both fronts. It boasts ESS Technology's reference-quality ES9026PRO SABRE D/A, which yields a 125dB dynamic range and -114dB THD+N. You'll benefit from round-trip latency of 2.4ms over USB at 24-bit/96kHz. And, thanks to optimized drivers, the UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS.
Jam-packed with comprehensive connectivity
The MOTU UltraLite-mk5 packs a lot of I/O into its portable half-rack enclosure — 40 simultaneous audio channels, if you add them up. This 18-in/22-out USB audio interface includes two crystal-clear mic/line/instrument inputs, along with six line inputs and 10 line outputs. A superb-sounding headphones output, eight channels of digital optical I/O, and MIDI I/O round out the UltraLite-mk5's audio connections. You also get loopback functionality — a must-have feature for podcasting and livestreaming.
Onboard DSP and overhauled CueMix 5 software
Here at Sweetwater, one of our favorite UltraLite-mk5 features is its excellent-sounding onboard DSP, which includes reverb, a 4-band parametric EQ, and dynamics. This USB audio interface also includes a built-in, DSP-driven 22-in/6-out monitor mixer that provides a separate monitor mix for each analog output pair. MOTU's CueMix 5 software gives you easy-to-use, comprehensive, graphic control over your mix. Plus, CueMix 5 has been completely overhauled — its eye-grabbing graphic mixing, graphic editing of its parametric EQ, and convenient, touch-friendly interface are guaranteed to turbocharge your workflow.
MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Features:
- 40 simultaneous channels — 18-in/22-out — in a compact, portable unit
- Reference-quality ES9026PRO SABRE D/A yields 125dB dynamic range and -114dB THD+N
- Round-trip latency of 2.4ms over USB at 24-bit/96kHz
- Optimized drivers offer reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS
- 2 mic/line/instrument inputs exhibit crystal-clear audio capture
- MIDI I/O for easy integration of hardware synths and modules
- Loopback functionality is a must-have feature for podcasting and livestreaming
- Excellent-sounding onboard DSP with reverb, a 4-band parametric EQ, and dynamics
- Overhauled CueMix 5 software gives you easy-to-use, comprehensive, graphic control over your mix
- Comes with Performer Lite DAW software, 100+ virtual instruments, and 6GB of loops/samples