Sennheiser MKH 416:State-of-the-art Performance for Outdoor Applications
The Sennheiser MKH 416 offers state-of-the-art performance that’s tailor-made for film, radio, and television applications — especially location shooting. This compact shotgun microphone boasts a pressure-gradient receiver with a short interference tube, offering laser-precise directivity, with a hypercardioid pattern at low and medium frequencies and a lobar pattern above 2kHz. TheSennheiser MKH 416 exhibits low noise, excellent feedback rejection, and no-compromise sound quality, making it a terrific choice for pro-level projects. What’s more, its compact, easy-to-manage size enables you to take it anywhere. The Sennheiser MKH 416 is highly immune to humidity, thanks to its RF condenser design, features a durable matte black finish, and includes an MZW415 windscreen.
Sennheiser MKH 416 features ultra-tight polar pattern creates clean-sounding recordings
We film a lot of videos here at Sweetwater — just take a look at our InSync or YouTube pages! So, we know a lot about shotgun microphones like the Sennheiser MKH 416. The Sennheiser MKH 416’s ultra-tight polar pattern makes it a great choice for any application that requires high directivity, low self-noise, high consonant articulation, and top-grade feedback rejection. This Sennheiser MKH 416 boasts a hypercardioid pattern at low and medium frequencies and an even more acute lobar pattern above 2kHz. This stellar design results in clean-sounding recordings with minimal acoustic interference.
Sennheiser MKH 416 Shotgun Microphone Features:
- Tailor-made for film, radio, and television — especially outdoor applications
- Increased directivity due to interference tube principle
- Hypercardioid pattern at low and medium frequencies and a lobar pattern above 2kHz
- Exhibits low noise, excellent feedback rejection, and no-compromise sound quality
- Compact, easy-to-manage size enables you to take it anywhere
- RF condenser design is highly immune to humidity
- Durable matte black finish
- Includes an MZW415 windscreen
Sweetwater’s FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty
Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
- Save money with FREE parts and labor
- Get back to making music with the industry’s fastest turnaround time
- Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department
- Microphone Type:Shotgun RF Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Supercardioid/lobar
- Frequency Response:40Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:130dB SPL
- Output Impedance:25 ohms
- Self Noise:13dB (A weighted)
- Power:Phantom Power
- Weight:0.36 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Windscreen, Mic Clamp
- Manufacturer Part Number:001511