The Yamaha MSP5 Studio is a two-way bi-amplified bass reflex system that delivers outstanding monitoring precision for digital or analog production in stereo or surround formats. The more compact dimensions of the MSP5 Studio make it an ideal choice for smaller project studios and DAW based production systems.
Yamaha MSP5 Studio Monitor at a Glance:
- Compact design with low distortion, uniform highs
- Low-diffraction rounded baffle for uniform dispersion
- Magnetically shielded enclosures
- Professional connectivity
- Trim switches for easy room matching
Compact design with low distortion, uniform highs
The MSP5 Studio features a 5″ cone woofer driven by a 40-watt amplifier and a 1″ dome tweeter driven by a 27-watt amplifier. Other than woofer size, enclosure size, and amplifier power, the MSP5 Studio takes advantage of the same advanced materials and design technology that are behind the extraordinary performance of the MSP7 Studio. The woofer and titanium-dome tweeter feature advanced magnetic structures that achieve exceptionally low distortion, and the tweeter works with a unique waveguide horn that achieves broad, uniform high frequency dispersion over 120 degrees for optimum balance regardless of listening position.
Low-diffraction rounded baffle for uniform dispersion
The MSP5 Studio’s advanced driver and enclosure design – including the low-diffraction rounded baffle – ensure smooth, uniform dispersion across the system’s full reproduction range. Flat frequency response out to 40kHz makes the MSP5 Studio great for mastering, where high sample and bit rates are the norm.
Magnetically shielded enclosures
Along with their compact size and excellent performance, full magnetic shielding allows the MSP5 Studio speakers to be positioned near all types of audio, video, and computer equipment without sound degradation or negative effects on surrounding equipment.
The MSP5 Studio has an XLR-type input for direct compatibility with professional equipment. Balanced lines are ideal if the speakers are to be placed at the end of long cable runs which, if unbalanced, might be susceptible to hum and induced noise. The MSP5 Studio also offers an unbalanced 1/4″ phone jack connector.
Trim switches for easy room matching
The MSP5 Studio is equipped with four position low and three position high trim switches that allow the system’s response to be optimized for a wide range of acoustic environments.
Yamaha MSP5 Studio Monitor Features:
- Bi-amplified 2-way powered speaker
- Overall Frequency Response 50Hz-40kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Output Level 101dB, 1 m on axis
- Woofer: 5″ cone
- Tweeter: 1″ titanium dome
- Output Power: Woofer 40W, Tweeter 27W
- Enclosure type: Bass reflex
- Input Connectors: XLR (balanced), 10 kOhm; Phone (unbalanced), 10 kOhm
- Controls: level, low cut, low trim, high trim, power, phase
- Indicators (LED): Green: Power On; Red: Clipping
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 7″ x 11″ x 8.2″
- Weight: 17.4 lb
- Magnetic Shielding
Mix confidently – even in tight spaces – with Yamaha MSP5 Studio monitors!