The sE Electronics T2 multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser mic is a unique spin on one of the world’s most famous microphones, but with one big twist: titanium! Instead of a gold-sputtered diaphragm, the T2 boasts a handcrafted, titanium-sputtered dual-diaphragm true condenser capsule. What’s the difference? Titanium is a more resilient and lighter material, providing an incredible transient response that thrives on fast-attack instruments. Next, four polar patterns provide the T2 with an incredible level of range, making it an ideal choice for just about every source an audio engineer is likely to run into. Plus, a myriad of low-cut filter and attenuation pads enhance the T2’s flexibility even further, allowing you to tackle massive amplifiers and bass-heavy sources with ease. Lastly, sE Electronics include a highly stable shockmount custom made for the T2, cradling the mic and keeping your setup steady.
Four selectable polar patterns
Loaded with four selectable polar patterns, the T2 is more like four mics built into one! No matter what source you’re recording, these polar patterns are up to the task, making the T2 an excellent all-around choice for musicians looking to stay within a budget. Recording drum overheads? Flip on the omni switch. Intimate vocals or gentle acoustic guitar? The cardioid and hypercardioid patterns focus in on your source, rejecting all unwanted background noise. The figure-8 switch captures both sides of the mic — a setting that Sweetwater’s studio engineers love for capturing multiple sources, room ambience, or pairing with another mic for stereo recording configurations.
Included shockmount and metal case
Every great mic needs an equally great shockmount — luckily, you get both with T2! This mic’s included shockmount cradles your mic on its stand, preventing unwanted noise, vibration, and handling noises while recording. It also keeps your microphone safe and sound when rigged up, and while no one wants an accident to happen, the T2’s robust hand-crafted metal housing is about as durable as a condenser mic can get. When it comes time to pack up the T2 after a session, an included metal case keeps the T2 in tip-top shape during transport and storage.
sE Electronics T2 Multi-pattern Large Diaphragm Microphone Features:
- Inspired by one of the most classic European mics in music history
- 4 polar patterns — carioid, omni, hypercardioid, figure-8 — allow you to optimize your sound for any source
- Switchable attenuation pads to easily capture loud sources
- Low-cut filters to tame bass-heavy sources
- Hand-crafted and titanium-sputtered 1-inch dual-diaphragm design provides incredible transient response — ideal for sources with a fast attack
- True condenser design is built to last
- Highly durable hand-crafted metal housing
- Includes a rock-solid shockmount to keep your mic stable
- Metal case to keep your mic safe during storage and transport