Do you want cleaner recordings and mixes that translate between playback systems? Then don’t neglect the ceilings above your console and performers. The Primacoustic Stratus suspends from the ceiling of your mix environment or tracking room to reduce flutter echoes, early reflections, and standing waves. Its high-density glass wool core is effective at treating frequencies from 400Hz to 20kHz, and at reducing reflections between the floor and ceiling. And even better, the Primacoustic Stratus’s professional look and modular design allow you to add additional panels as your studio grows. Hardware and supports are included.
Primacoustic Stratus Modular Acoustic Cloud at a Glance:
- Tames standing waves for an even-sounding room
- Reduces flutter echo for cleaner recordings and more reliable monitoring
- Couples with other kits for continuous, attractive coverage
Tames standing waves for an even-sounding room
Smaller rooms – the kind Sweetwater usually sees in home and project studios – are fraught with standing waves. These present themselves as resonant peaks in your recorded tracks and mix environment. Placing one or more Primacoustic Stratus clouds above your console or performers can help tame those standing waves to a manageable level. The Primacoustic Stratus is effective from 20kHz down to 400Hz, where a lot of midrange buildup can occur. Bear in mind that you’ll need bass traps to deal with frequencies lower than 400Hz. Your Sweetwater Sales Engineer is happy to help you find the treatment that’s right for your room.
Reduces flutter echo for cleaner recordings and more reliable monitoring
When you clap your hands in a room, the “zing” you hear is flutter echo: sound bouncing off the walls, ceiling, and floor. Flutter echo makes it difficult to add the right amount of reverb in a mix and makes it nearly impossible to get a clean vocal or drum recording. The Primacoustic Stratus helps disperse flutter echo from the floor to the ceiling by absorbing some of the sound energy while allowing some to reflect back. This allows for a more natural sound at the monitoring and microphone positions.
Couples with other kits for continuous, attractive coverage
We don’t always have control of the rooms we use to record and mix in. And for small and cube-shaped mix areas, a single 24″ x 48″ cloud may not properly treat a room. Fortunately, the Primacoustic Stratus’s modular design lets you connect several kits together to form a large continuous cloud over your console. This is also handy for tracking rooms, where you may need several Stratuses to cover a full drum kit.
Primacoustic Stratus Modular Acoustic Cloud Features:
- Suspends from the ceiling above your console or performers
- Results in cleaner recordings and more reliable mixing
- Attractive, effective, and professional
- Modular design lets you join multiple Stratus kits as your studio grows
- Can be angled for increased efficacy
- Tames standing waves that cause resonant peaks
- Reduces flutter echoes that can trouble a mix
- Minimizes early reflections between the ceiling and floor
- Fabric-covered front with glass wool core treats 400Hz to 20kHz
- Single 48″ x 24″ x 2″ panel with aluminum frame
- Includes suspension wire, hardware, and sheetrock fasteners
- Assembly required
Invest in cleaner recordings and better mixes with the Primacoustic Stratus cloud!