Recording engineers here at Sweetwater have put the Lewitt LCT 1040 tube microphone system through the paces and — wow! The glowing heart of the microphone body is a premium E88CC/6DJ8 tube from JJ Electronics. So yes: the LCT 1040 is a tube mic, with all the euphonic sonic attributes you’d expect. But what’s truly impressive is that there is also a FET circuit in play here — and you can dial seamlessly between them from the included remote control, which neatly and conveniently docks with the mic’s sleek power supply. The remote (which can be undocked, letting you manage everything from your monitoring sweet spot) also lets you select between the mic’s five seamlessly blendable polar patterns, three highpass filters, and three pre-attenuation settings. The brilliant design connotes form and function in equal measure and frankly, we’re blown away by both the sonic performance and sheer elegance of the amazing Lewitt LCT 1040 mic system.
Two circuits, infinite sonic flexibility
The Lewitt LCT 1040’s Tube circuit offers a choice of four distinct and classically tubular sonic characteristics — Clear, Warm, Dark, and Saturated — that are selectable from a rotary switch on the remote control. The FET circuit delivers an uber-detailed, crystal-clear rendition of the source. Combined, the Tube control and the FET/Tube Circuit pot give you an incredible amount of flexibility to shape the microphone’s sound to suit the task at hand. The remote control can be undocked from the power supply and connected with a standard 3-pin XLR (a premium gold-plated Neutrik is included), so you can tweak the sound to perfection from the comfort of your console. The Lewitt LCT 1040 mic system gives you the flexibility to accommodate literally any source in any recording scenario, no matter how challenging.
Stage or studio, there’s a Lewitt mic that’s perfect for the job
Since the fall of 2009, Lewitt microphones have made their way onto some of the biggest stages across Europe and America. Combining exceptional clarity and forward-thinking technical innovation at a remarkably accessible price point, these wonderful mics more than rival long-standing industry standards. What’s more, the selection runs the gamut from robust dynamic handheld models to top-notch studio condensers. Whether you’re looking for something for your next gig or your next recording session, a Lewitt microphone from Sweetwater is an excellent choice.
Lewitt LCT 1040 Tube Microphone System Features:
- Premium Tube and FET microphone in one
- Premium JJ Electronics E88CC/6DJ8 tube
- Gold-sputtered 1-inch true condenser capsule
- 4 all-analog tube characteristics: Clear, Warm, Dark, and Saturated
- Blend Tube and FET circuit at any ratio
- Remote control lets you adjust all settings from your sweet spot
- Seamless polar pattern control, highpass filter, pre-attenuation pad
- Includes power supply, remote control, shockmount, mic mount, magnetic dual-layer pop screen, mil-spec transport case, 11-pin XLR cable
- Microphone type: condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure gradient transducer
- Polar patterns (seamless blend): omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: 17.2 mV/Pa, -35.3V/Pa (cardioid)
- Self-noise: 10 (A) FET, 13 (A) tube (cardioid)
- Max SPL at 0.5% THD: 137SPL (FET), 0 attenuation
- Signal/noise ratio: 84dB (A) FET, 81dB (A) tube
- Dynamic range: 127dB (A) FET
- Highpass filter: linear, 40Hz (12dB/oct), 80Hz (12dB/oct), 120Hz (6dB/oct)
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0, -6, -12, -24dB
- Internal impedance: 83.8 Ω
- PSU supply voltage: 230V, 50Hz; 110V, 60Hz
- Current consumption: 230V – 170mA, 110V – 240mA
- Connector (PSU and remote): Neutrik gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Connector (remote and mic): Hirose Electric 10-pin audio cable
- Durable zinc die-cast housing
- Microphone dimensions: 7.7 x 2.6 x 1.8 inches
- Microphone net weight: 23 oz.
- PSU dimensions: 9.4 x 6.7 x 1.9 inches
- PSU weight: 68 oz.
- Remote dimensions: 9.4 x 6.4 x 2 inches
- Remote weight: 69 oz.
- Includes power supply, remote control, dual-layer magnetic pop screen, shockmount, mic mount,
- 11-pin cable, and mil-spec transport case