The Chandler Limited REDD.47 mic preamp re-creates the original tube line amps used in Abbey Road Studios’ rare, custom EMI REDD.51 recording consoles. This is the unmistakably punchy, agressive sound that characterized recordings made in Studio Two between 1964 and 1968 – including legendary tracks by The Beatles. Modern features have been added to meet contemporary recording studio standards, such as increased gain that gives you a range of new tonal options, from pristine cleans to rich, classic saturation. Take it from Sweetwater, with its inimitable sonic moxie, the Chandler Limited REDD.47 will work wonders in your studio.
Related Videos: REDD.47 Tube Microphone Preamp
Chandler Limited REDD.47 Mic Preamp at a Glance:
- The workhorse line amp of the REDD.51
- Enjoy an expanded range of tonal options
The workhorse line amp of the REDD.51
A critical component of the EMI REDD.51 console (REDD being an acronym for Abbey Road Studios’ in-house Record Engineering Development Department), the REDD.47 line amplifier was used in virtually every stage of the audio path, including the mic and line inputs, the echo sends, and the monitors. With its spunky, in-your-face sonics, the REDD.47 lent its unique character to all the music – including every Beatles track – recorded in Abbey Road Studio Two during its mid-’60s tour of duty.
Enjoy an expanded range of tonal options
Chandler Limited’s REDD.47 preamp gives you added benefits never offered by the original design, including an increased gain range that greatly expands your tonal options. Imagine being able to dial between immaculate cleans and classic tube saturation with up to 2 percent harmonic distortion before clipping! Think of the gnarly, distorted guitars in The Beatles’ “Revolution.” They were DI’d straight into the board; all that seething mad-dog bite is the REDD.47. And speaking of direct injection, Chandler Limited has thoughtfully included a DI input on the REDD.47 front panel.
Chandler Limited REDD.47 Mic Preamp Features:
- Delivers the legendary sound of Abbey Road Studios’ “holy-grail” preamp
- Modern features to meet contemporary recording studio standards
- Increased gain allows tonal options from pristine cleans to classic rich saturation
- Inputs: Mic/Line (Balanced XLR), D/I (1/4″)
- Stepped gain: 6dB increments; fine gain: variable +/-5dB;
- Total Gain: +57dB; output control: variable
- Rumble filter; 20dB pad; Polarity reverse; +48V Phantom power
- Tubes: EF86, E88CC (input/output)
- Transformer balanced I/O (custom wound)
- Internal power supply
- Chandler Limited and their associated logos are registered trademarks of Chandler Limited, Inc. Abbey Road Studios, EMI, TG, REDD, RS and their associated logos are trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited.
Get classic Abbey Road sound with the Chandler Limited REDD.47!